Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is Ferrous Heifer!


Under the cover of darkness, in the wee hours of the morning, I grabbed my rucksack from the overhead compartment and crept off the bus while it was being refueled. I wandered around in the predawn shadows of Geneva for a while then finally ducked into a cathedral and caught a few winks in a pew. When I awoke it was light outside so I walked down the street to a small cafe and had a Cafe Suisse and a lovely Liverwurst sandwich. As I sat there eating, a man came out to the sidewalk with a large coffee and asked if he could join me. "Sure!" I said. He told me his name was Rupert and that he and his "Mates" were members of the Heavy Metal Band, Ferrous Heifer. "Oh sure!" I yelled. "You guys are the ones with the demon-looking mascot who comes out on stage during the show and squirts milk all over the crowd from a huge rubber udder!" "Ya-Ya, But there is so much more to us then that!" He cringed. "Where do you play next?" I queried. "We are flying out to play Venice tonight, then it's Athens, Cairo, Dubai, Bombay, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and then, we finish up in San Francisco 10 days from now! Need a lift?"

No comments: