Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All Aboard!


Last night Father Herman announced that we were going to a very special dinner party here in Dijon. He told me that I should bring my rucksack with me, because were moving on afterwards. Around 7 p.m. we walked to a hotel, not far from the finish of today's stage. Upon entering the lobby, Father Herman and I were warmly welcomed. A man took my bag and we were ushered in to a banquet of magnificence and stardom the likes of which I have never known. The most amazing thing though is that Father Herman has got us on the Quickstep Bus as VIP's. Later, I was kicikin' it with my new buddy Tom Boonen and I asked him why Father Herman was so popular with the bicycle people, especially the Belgians. Tom replied. "Ya, alla da people luv Herman van Springle!"

No comments: