Thursday, June 4, 2009

Iridescent Skies


Well I had a great opportunity to try out my fenders and rain gear today as the heavens opened up with a fairly good thunderstorm. As I lie here in my cozy little tent outside of Bridgeville, I am going over things that have already surprised and amazed me. Take today for instance, I was riding along noticing a dazzling cloud phenomenon wherein the sky appeared to take on an iridescent shimmer the color of a salmon skin. Not long after that, I realized I was riding past a suspicious looking van that I had seen earlier in the day. I got into a slightly paranoid head-trip with regards to the statue and the million to one odds of having my dead Irish Grandmother's favorite Saint in my bike bag. Then I remembered that we can plan our day but we can't plan the outcome.

No comments: