Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where are you coming from?

I mean, what is your personal agenda? What ghost is running your machine? I'm not talking about how you portray yourself to society, I'm talking about the underpinnings of your psyche, man! Now I'm not advocating an assault upon your mind with the kind of high powered nuclear devices that my colleagues and I (see; Merry Pranksters) so casually tossed on our tongues like so many Tic Tacs back in the '70's. But I will say this, when the detonations were complete and nothing but a mushroom cloud (tinged purple with oxides of atmospheric nitrogen) towered 50,000 feet high into the sky, we just sat there at ground zero (on white sands that had been fused into glass) and felt as if a gigantic chalkboard had been wiped clean of volumes of internalized data that had never been seriously questioned before. Then a fresh stick of chalk was handed to each of us and we were told to write our own stories, to choose the books we read wisely, to listen with the heart and to Know Thyself !

No comments: