Monday, January 7, 2008

Communal Mud Bath

Once again I would like to thank all the wonderful people who made the first annual, "Bicycle Mud Bath" such a success. My skin is refreshed by the mineral emollients found only in the native soils of Shasta Lake (Summit City) and after a good soaking in a wash tub, my clothes all washed out good as new. Funny thing though, this morning upon wheeling my trusty Stumpjumper to the shed (after drying over night in my house) I noticed a scraping sound emanating from both front and rear wheel axles. I stood the bike up on it's rear wheel and discovered that the headset also has a gritty, kind o' scratchy feel to it. I spun the cranks... same deal! What is up here! Why is my bike making such strange sounds? I guess I need to buy a new bicycle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please see Ball & Chain before purchasing new bike.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

No way, man. Go for it. Bike of your dreams. A little titanium here, a little more titanium there. I assume you've got a comfortable couch? Maybe in the shed?