Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New twist on an old game

My idea goes like this. I would like to become the biggest loser on Jeopardy EVER! But to pull it off I would need the presence of a stage actor, the timing of a comedian, and the mind of a chess champion. I'll need to be first to buzz in every time. My answers will need to be (at least) plausible and my reaction to the pronouncement of INCORRECT, believable. I reckon that by the end of the Double Jeopardy round I can easily dig myself into a $30,000 hole. What the Hell! I've seen contestants who were not invited back to Final Jeopardy for being a measly $200 in debt. I have been practicing a sort off Bizzaro World version of Jeopardy at home wherein I try to come up with the nearest solutions, without actually being right. Example; Also known as the Fab Four, this rock and roll band swept the nation in 1964 with the help of the Ed Sullivan Show. BANG, I hit the buzzer and scream,"Who were the Rolling Stones!" WRONG! "DOH! (also something I am considering.) When I sense that the studio is starting to suspect that I am up to something, I'll get all sincere and start proffering up my solutions with the ever popular, "What is blah, blah, blah... ALEX! Surely a guy who is on a first name basis with Big Al has to be sincere.

No comments: