Saturday, May 16, 2009

Resting On One's Laurels.

rest on one's laurels, to be content with one's past or present honors, achievements, etc.: He retired at the peak of his career and is resting on his laurels. I see it all the time. People notice that I have an interest in cycling and the next thing I know, they're launching into a half-hour long tirade about the days when they were "Semi-Pro Riders." Eventually, I end up hookin' up with them for a ride and the chit-chat goes out the window. In the sport of Boxing, another sport I love, there is a saying that goes like this, Let you're hands do the talking! The cycling equivilent is, let you're legs do the talking. Through the years, I have learned that the best do not sit on their laurels, nor do they bore you to tears talking about them.