Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kickin' it with my Homie G-BLOGS.


The Shasta Wheelmen Jamboree appears to have caught a fairly dry break from the rain this weekend. I went out with a few friends and rode the 25 mile loop. We rode at 9 a.m. out Placer Rd. to Texas Springs to Branstetter, up to Freebridge and in, without a drop of rain. I felt like King Kong out there on my 42X18 single-speed road bike, breathing great gulps of wonderfully fresh air, my engine aglow with a bunch of Clif-Products that my amigo Josh at Clif Bar sent me last week. I got home just in time to then ride with my girlfriend of 25 years (and mother of our children) from our house, back down to the Sundial Bridge, out to the Northside River Trail, over the Ribbon Bridge and up to the new Rail Trail connector parking lot. Suddenly, from behind the map board, stepped two of my favorite Bike-Bloggers, Dr. Swiss Mix and The Distinguished, Prof. Chasing Singletrack. We talked briefly and admired The Professor's Rose-Colored Glasses and The Doctor's Hand-Made Bicycle and then we headed back. And then, the skies opened up and we got WET! We just bee-lined home and ate cake and drank tea. Lovely day! P.S. We saw Bear Chain Puller at LTD on Saturday...POST SOMETHIN' HOAGIE!

No comments: