Thursday, March 8, 2012

8 Days To Williams


"The Ultimate Route" would be to come up Hwy 101 all the way to Longvale and take 162 over to Covelo, to County Road 306, which is N.W. of Willows. But that's Banjo-land out there, if you catch my drift! No, better to come over Hwy 20 where you can catch Leesville Road North, to Lodoga Stonyford Road, North to County Road 306, to Elk Creek, Chrome (population 8!) to Newville (Black Butte Res. to I-5 option) or, continue N.W. on Newville Rd./County Road 58 to Paskenta (now we're in my boyhood stompin' grounds!) Options to then head East to I-5 or continue North on Lowery Road, to Red Bank Road, Ridge Road, to Hesse Rd. Johnson Road at which point you will probably want to head East to Reeds Creek and in to Red Bluff, although I know a good way to connect over to Hwy 36, and from there you would head West out to Platina and from there take A16 all the way in to Redding. But I digress! North out of Red Bluff is the lovely Jellys Ferry Road which will bring you to Gover Rd. etc. etc. !!! P.S. One could also take Old 99, North out of Williams, to Willows where one could jump on to Hwy 162 N.W. and head out in to da hinterlands and the afore mentioned bird's nest of rural moonscapes!
- Show quoted text -

1 comment:

San Fran Cup said...

Williams is a thriving hotspot of night life. One of my favorite digs is the La Fortuna Bakery Night Club where the "Chorizo Tacos" burn the midnight oil of my soul. For you quieter types you might join the "Geritol Gang" over at Granzella'zzzzz's.
No matter the route, just get there.

S.F.C.