Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?


I picked up an old hippy yesterday hitchhiking down the old highway to Anderson. He jumped in the bus and then immediately went into his 40 year long running diatribe. "America says that people work only for money. But check it out: those who don’t have money work the hardest, and those who have money take very long lunch hours.
When I was born I had food on my table and a roof over my head. Most babies born in the world face hunger and cold. What is the difference between them and me?
Every well-off white American better ask himself that question or he will never understand why people hate America.
The enemy is this dollar bill right here in my hand.
Now if I get a match, I’ll show you what I think of it.
This burning gets some political radicals very uptight. I don’t know exactly why. They burn a lot of money putting out leaflets nobody reads." Wow! That guy was real different.

No comments: