Monday, August 30, 2010

1984 Rajneeshee Bioterror Attack

Life is complex and multilayered and my naive illusions about the phenomena of perfect enlightenment have faded through the years. It has become clear to me that enlightened people are as fallible as anyone. They are expanded human beings, not perfect human beings, and they live and breathe with many of the same faults and vulnerabilities we ordinary humans must endure. During the "Missing Years" of my life, I did a fair amount o' wanderin'. My boot heels kicked along, down many a tree lined by-way. In the Fall of 1984, I found myself in the quiet little town of The Dalles, Oregon. If "The Bhagwan" had been as clever as he claimed to be, he would have realized that I was going to order a burger and fries and completely side-step the salad bar. Otherwise, he'd a had me too! Bonehead!

No comments: