Monday, May 3, 2010

My Trusty Steed, Stumpy


"Tell me what company thou keepst, and I'll tell thee what thou art."
- Miguel de Cervantes (1547 - 1616) Spanish novelist.
I gave my old Stumpjumer a Seely'Cyclery tune up and wash up last week. Knowing that I was going to ride it on Saturday with my dad and possibly brother Tim, I wanted to put my best face forward. What started off as a simple spit-shine, soon turned into an all-day drive-train degrease, bath and bike flossing! The Web-Foot Season was particularly rough on my old steed, but until I chiseled off the layers of grime I didn't really realize. My middle chain-ring's teeth looked like pins! The chain was practically falling apart. Brake pads, worn down paper thin. Now that Stumpy's all smoothed out all proper-like, Bianchi's lookin' a little worse for wear!

No comments: