Monday, May 12, 2008

Priorities

The weekend was full of matriarchal charm as the women in my life took center stage in the form of my daughter's 20th birthday and of course Mother's Day. Being the season of moderate temps, I simply hit the trail nice and early. Rousing no suspicion of fulfilling my own selfish needs in the form of 2 more epic bicycle rides and wearing the hats of "Good Dad", "Good Husband" and "Good Son", an art form that I have perfected through years of trial and miserable error. The worst of times was back in the 80's when an old buddy of mine, who was an icon of cycling in Shasta County would promise me, "an easy little 2 hour jaunt and you'll be home for lunch!" Then, for the nineteenth time, I found my self somewhere in the Manton area, hoisting my seventh draught beer and watching the sun set, along with any hopes I had of sleeping in my house that night. The bottom line is this, I enjoy cycling, I love my family!

3 comments:

San Fran Cup said...

Everyone could learn from you.

I called my my mom and wished her happy Mothers Day because I had to ride for my pleasure that day on my new pink bike 200 + miles from
home.

She still loves me but it was a
gross error in my planing not realising I would be gone on that
special day mean for my Mom.

SFC

San Fran Cup said...

"meant for my Mom"

SFC

fuzzballdaddy said...

Are you sure there wasn't some kind of Freudian slip here?!